Total Pageviews

Friday 21 October 2011

Audience Focus Group

I asked ten people of the ages 17-24 about their music and music video interests. It was a casual conversation that I had with them as I feel the participants are more relaxed and speak more openly when it is informal questionnaire. I chose four of the people's comments as they were all similar and these are the ones we have taken in to consideration for our music video.
'I like artists such as Ellie Goulding Red Light, James Morrison and Beyonce. I listen to these artists because I just like listening to them in my spare time and I can relate to a lot of their songs. In a music video I like it to be memorable so I like strong performances and story lines. I also think the costume and image is a major part of the video as people style themselves on certain artists.’
'Um, my favourite artists at the moment are Florence and the Machine and Ellie Goulding. I like these as they make me feel happy and put me in a good mood. I particulary like music videos that have a good story to them and fancy costumes. A big budget always seems to make a difference with locations, costumes and props.'
' I'm into Coldplay, The Script, Ed Sheeran Kanye West at the moment. The songs they perform have a good beat or something special about them that makes me like them. I like things to be quite simple with a music video such as Ed Sheerans 'A Team' is simple with black and white film and the story relates to the song- this is a must. I don't like videos that have no link to the song, it just puts me off everything about the song.'
' I am definately into the indie rock genre. Kings of Leon, Travis and The Kooks are perfect examples for this genre that I love! I like music that is different to the charts so I dont listen to the same as everyone else. It's all boring and repeated and I just like difference. I watch videos now and then through YouTube and they have to be really quirky videos that have a good story that kinda makes sense but doesn't. I also like videos that have interesting shots and angle but these would usually have to be big budgeted videos.'

No comments:

Post a Comment